Selling your inventory programmatically & what to expect
Published: November 25, 2019
If you are considering adding your billboard or digital display inventory to a programmatic ad marketplace to sell your unsold space, you may wonder what the process is, how long it will take, and what you can expect. We’ve got the step by step process as well as some of the benefits of using programmatic technology.
The Usual Process
1) Once you’ve contacted a programmatic demand-side platform and discussed the details of a partnership, there is usually an agreement that is signed by both parties. This just makes sure you’re both on the same page and that both parties know what to expect. Keep in mind the billboard company always has full control over what ads are displayed on their boards. They are also allowed to sell their space whenever they like.
2) Now that the legal stuff is out of the way, it’s time to add your inventory. This process involves cataloging your signs into the programmatic marketplace so potential advertisers have access to them. Photos, GPS coordinates, traffic, and other data are usually added. If you have a lot of inventory to add, help is often offered by the programmatic company to speed up the process.
3) Depending on what scheduling software you use (Ignite, Apparatix, Etc.) there may be different software you will need to use to schedule your ads. This is to make sure there is one pipeline for buying your ad space and you are both using it (yourself and the programmatic platform). There is a good chance that the programmatic DSP is compatible with your software and the set up quick and easy. If not, most ad scheduling software works very much the same.
4) At this point, you are done! There is nothing left to do but wait for ads to be purchased from the programmatic side. You will be notified through your email when there is an ad for you to approve, at which point you approve or reject them.
5) Time to get paid! The programmatic company will send out monthly payments to you for the ads that were purchased to run on your billboards/screens. You also have access to detailed reports from the programmatic side.
Generally, the longer your inventory is available to buyers on the programmatic side, the more money you will make, as advertisers will keep coming back if they get good results. For more information about programmatic, please contact Adomni here or call 844-423-6664.
To get the latest updates on out of home advertising, digital marketing and technology, follow us on:
Or sign up for our newsletter.