Consumer mobility creates opportunity for OOH
Published: February 22, 2021
The Harris Poll in partnership with OAAA (Outdoor Advertising Association of America) recently published a study about consumer mobility, insights, and intent, creating an opportunity for out out of home advertisers.
Let’s take a look at the key findings and how they impact advertisers.
Consumers are leaving their homes!
Here is where people are going at least once per week or more:
- 86% to the grocery
- 70% driving on the highway
- 50% visit friends and family
- 50% retail stores
- 46% restaurants
- 42% nearby cities or towns
Looking ahead, 72% will be commuting to work at least part-time
- 45% will commute every day
- 26% will be a mix of commuting and working from home
Consumers are noticing OOH more than ever
- 83% while driving on the highway
- 82% driving around their town or city
- 71% visiting a neighboring city or town
- 63% walking around their local downtown or "main street" area
- 51% at the airport
- 46% while using transportation
41% said they are noticing OOH advertising more than before the pandemic began
Here are the OOH ads they remember most:
- 40% local restaurants
- 37% TV shows or movies
- 30% new brands or products
71% said OOH public safety messaging makes them feel informed and safe
Consumers will travel in the next few months
62% said they plan to travel outside of their local routine
61% will take a road trip and 53% will travel to another state
Out of home advertising continues to gain traction with consumers, proving that it is an effective advertising medium.
75% of consumers are tuning out digital ads and 72% try to get out of the house as often as they can, creating the perfect opportunity to reach them with DOOH advertising now more than ever.
If you’re ready to reach consumers outside of their homes, our team is ready to help plan your DOOH campaign today, at no charge to you! Contact us at email@example.com