OOH on the rise as travel makes a comeback this summer!
Published: June 14, 2021
The Harris Poll in partnership with OAAA (Outdoor Advertising Association of America) recently published a new Consumer Insights and Summer Travel report, proving new opportunities for OOH advertisers this summer as consumer optimism and intent for travel increases.
Let’s explore the key takeaways and how they will impact advertisers.
Summer travel is back!
The successful rollout of the vaccine has American consumers feeling more comfortable with traveling as compared to last spring. For consumers, this summer looks much different as:
- 51% plan to travel as much or more this summer than pre-COVID
- 71% plan to travel by car for summer travel
- 64% feel more comfortable flying now than they did earlier in the pandemic
- 42% will be taking 2 weeks or more of summer vacation
- 56% are expecting to travel 400+ miles round trip across the U.S. this summer
Millennials are seeking experiences more than other generations
- 77% are likely to take a weekend getaway
- 57% are likely to go to concerts (vs 37% of the general population)
- 52% are likely to travel to destination cities (vs 38% of the general population)
OOH is the invitation to summer fun
The report highlights the importance of OOH in driving awareness for public events, especially among big-city residents.
Concerts: 44% of big-city residents and 31% of the general population
Sporting events: 37% of big-city residents and 28% of the general population
Online engagement sees a boost thanks to OOH advertising
OOH fuels online engagement despite growing digital burnout among consumers.
- 49% say they have used an online search to look up information about an advertiser
- 33% engaged in mobile device actions like social media and accessing coupons and discounts
With 63% of consumers saying they often tune out digital device ads and 45% reporting they are trying to reduce time spent with digital devices - OOH is ready to take the spotlight.
If you’re ready to reach consumers outside of their homes this summer, our team is ready to help plan your DOOH campaign today, at no charge to you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org